Finance and Administrative Assistant - Chile
THE INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR DEMOCRACY AND ELECTORAL ASSISTANCE — International IDEA is an intergovernmental organization that supports sustainable democracy worldwide.
International IDEA’s mission is to support sustainable democratic change by providing comparative knowledge, and assisting in democratic reform, and influencing policies and politics.
The Finance and Administrative Assistant will support the Finance and Planning Officer and provide financial support to the project in accordance with International IDEA policies and procedures. The post holder will also provide administrative and logistical support, assist with the co-ordination of events, assist with the preparation of documents and maintain records and files for the Latin America and the Caribbean Regional Office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- · Responsible for the reception of the office; Operates the telephone switchboard;
- receives visitors and manages the operation of the guest book;
- · Processes invoices, project advance requests,project expenditure reports etc.;
- processes expense forms and requests for payments;Uploads contracts to Maconomy;
- · Assists the Finance and Planning Officer with expenditure control and ensures
- adherence to International IDEA policies and procedures; Estimates monthly revenues and expenses; Prepares, analyzes and submits financial statements and reports;
- · Prepares for and responds to the office audit;
- · Coordinates procurement and performance management of suppliers and contractors including preparing consultancy contracts in line with International IDEA policies and procedures;
- · Ensures financial systems are maintained in an accurate and timely manner;
- · Assists with the facilities of the office, such as managing leases, insurance policies, vehicles, inventory control and record-keeping;
- · Organizes and coordinates logistical arrangements for meetings, conferences and workshops (obtaining quotes and booking venues, liaising with attendees, organizing travel, etc…). Assists with the preparation of meeting materials;
- · Organizes staff travel including cost control, travel advances, travel claims and other associated issues; when applicable, assists external consultants;
- · Assists with the registration of internal/external communications and institutional documents, in liaison with the Archivist;
- · Prepares, updates and maintains proper documentation and records for the office including project finances, procurement, Human Resources, funding and fundraising records;
- · Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled developed through job-related training and considerable on-the- job experience;
- · Adds considerable value to team-based activities in his/her unit, and likely to act as an informal resource for colleagues; collaborates with other entities of the Institute as required;
- · Follows internal procedures to ensure high standards of performance and compliance with Institutional guidelines;
- · Integrates a gender and diversity perspective in all activities.
· Director Latin America and the Caribbean Region.
· Is skilled in a range of processes, procedures and systems to carry out assigned tasks or has developed deep skills in a particular area.
OPERATIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- · Integrates the results-based approach into his/her activities;
- · Understands how the assigned duties relate to others in the team and how the team integrates with others throughout the organization; Uses knowledge of how the team integrates with others to accomplish team objectives;
- · Illustrates integrity, a collaborative spirit, a sense of achievement, and an understanding of risk management.
- · Liaises regularly with all internal and external stakeholders involved in his/her projects;
- · Acts in all assignments with personal energy and engagement.
- · Approximately three (3) years’ experience within a similar role;
- · High school diploma and preferably business and/or secretarial education; university background is considered an advantage;
- · Experience of working in an international context, e.g. in an intergovernmental organization, considered an advantage.
· Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on practice and existing precedents or procedures.
· No direct people management responsibility.
· Recognizes and solves typical problems that can occur in own work area; evaluates and selects solutions from established options.
· Has an impact on the programme development and delivery through the quality of the services or information provided.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
For more information and how to apply, please visit
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Applications should be submitted online no later than 29 SEPTEMBER 2016. Please note that all applications must be made in English.
INTERNATIONAL IDEA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WHICH SEEKS TO FURTHER DIVERSIFY ITS STAFF IN TERMS OF GENDER, CULTURE AND NATIONALITY.
Lugar de trabajo: Santiago, Región Metropolitana.
Administrativo Gestión Importaciones // en R.Metropolitana - IT People S.A.
de IT People S.A. en Metropolitana
Ejecutivo de Certificación
de Desis Limitada en Metropolitana
de Dextra Ltda en Metropolitana
Ejecutivos de Cobranzas - Full Time
de Bdv Abogados en Metropolitana
Asistente Administrativo, contable QUILICURA
de Empresa en Metropolitana
PUCÓN (CLIENTE INCÓGNITO)
de Estudios Y Asesorías Cliente Incógnito Ltda. en Araucanía
Asistente Recursos Humanos para Clinica
de Xinergia Laboral en Metropolitana
Asistente de Bodega Santiago
de Empresa De Servicios en Metropolitana