Programme Officer - Santiago,Chile
The Programme Officer, under the supervision of the Director, Latin America and the Caribbean Region will coordinate the development and management of Regional Office programme activities and projects, at both regional and national level. The Programme Officer will also ensure that International IDEA´s Strategy, Key Performance Indicators (KIAs) and cross-cutting issues are properly reflected in all projects and activities. The Programme Officer will coordinate with the Finance and Planning Officer to promote a holistic approach in the development of all projects and activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and provides technical assistance to political and social organizations;
- Designs and executes seminars, workshops, roundtables, etc. for Regional Office projects and workplans;
- Advises the Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) programme on substantive areas of work that should be pursued so that International IDEA continues to be at the forefront of democracy and electoral issues;
- Creates mechanisms and opportunities that allow for the exchange of information and experiences among the LAC Programme; Identifies issues of common interest and implements activities for democracy promotion;
- Coordinates and organizes efforts and synergies with international organizations for the implementation of activities of common interest;
- Promotes the development of research and publications;
- Promotes dialogue and consensus building among political actors in LAC;
- Supports the Director LAC Region in the research and development of papers and articles.
- Supports the Director LAC Region in all fundraising efforts, including, but not limited to, monitoring of call for proposals and/or new opportunities, communication with possible donors and elaboration of project proposals.
- Requires in-depth knowledge, excellent skills and relevant experience in their field;
- Will contribute significantly to assigned projects all along the project life cycle, i.e. from project design and funding to project assessment; will lead meetings and discussions, supervise publications and review input from external providers;
- Has contributed to publications on the relevant subject; is recognized as a knowledge resource in his/her broad professional community;
- Can work with minimal guidance and supervision;
- Adds value to team-based activities in his/her unit; collaborates with other entities of the Institute;
- Acts as a model or mentor for less experienced colleagues;
- Can be expected to travel globally to any geographical area involved in his/her projects;
- Follows internal procedures to ensure high standards of performance and compliance with Institutional guidelines;
- Integrates a gender and diversity perspective in all activities.
- Director Latin America and the Caribbean Region.
- Has in-depth knowledge in own discipline and good understanding of related disciplines to be able to approach programmatic issues in a holistic manner.
OPERATIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Integrates a results-based approach into the design, management and evaluation of all his/her programmatic activities;
- Has a good understanding of relevant programmatic issues in the key geographical zone where his/her work is implemented – which may imply field experience at some point;
- Contributes to the research of information on donors and partners, preparation of reports and project briefs, identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, and all other activities related to resource mobilization and partnership building;
- Illustrates integrity, a collaborative spirit, a sense of achievement, and an understanding of risk management in past experiences.
- No people management responsibility over permanent staff;
- Acts as a model and resource for more junior colleagues;
- May assume project management responsibilities.
- Identifies and resolves complex problems; approaches issues with new perspectives; analyses situations from a multitude of intervening factors.
- Has a clear impact on the programme development and delivery;
- Can also impact other teams and projects in related fields.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Liaises to all internal and external stakeholders involved in his/her project; acts and is perceived as an initiator of relevant communication to solve issues;
- Drives projects and assignments through communicative personal energy and engagement;
- Can explain sensitive information with diplomacy, and build consensus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree, plus 5 years relevant experience , including substantial internship(s) working on issues of social and economic development, democracy and governance, preferably in different types of organizations (national and international);
- Field experience is desirable;
- English and Spanish: Fluent written and oral. Any other widely spoken language in an International IDEA priority region would be an asset.
TERMS OF CONTRACT
Local Post. Fixed term appointment until 31 December 2017. Salary 3 000 000 CLP per month.
PLEASE NOTE AS THIS IS A LOCAL POST, INTERNATIONAL IDEA WILL BEAR NO COSTS RELATING TO RELOCATION OF THE SELECTED CANDIDATE TO THE DUTY STATION. THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO THOSE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO LIVE AND WORK IN CHILE.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Applications should be submitted no later than 6 November 2016. Please note that all applications must be made in English.
INTERNATIONAL IDEA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WHICH SEEKS TO FURTHER DIVERSIFY ITS STAFF IN TERMS OF GENDER, CULTURE AND NATIONALITY.
Lugar de trabajo: Santiago de Chile, Región Metropolitana.
Dibujante Tecnico para Ploteo de Planos , Mostazal, BUS DE ACERCAMIENTO y COLACION (Proyecto)
de Privado en Libertador General Bernardo O'Higgins
Tecnico Soporte - Talca
de Serprotemp Consultores en Maule
Ejecutivo Call Center Centro Medico
de Privado en Metropolitana
Teleperador Call Center (Créditos Estudios Superiores)
de Policomp S.a. en Metropolitana
Encargado de Informática
de No Informa en Metropolitana
DESARROLLADOR -PROGRAMADOR DE SISTEMAS para área TI importantes beneficios empresa
de Empresa en Metropolitana
ANALISTA BI (Junior)
de Sii Group Chile Spa en Metropolitana
Programador Primavera P6 o superior
de Idom Ingenieria Y Consultoria S.a., Agencia En Chile. en Metropolitana