Santiago de Chile, Región Metropolitana
This position will be temporarily vacant for three months. This position is located in the Division of Publications and Web Services (DPSW) of the Economic Commission for Latin American and the Caribbean (ECLAC) Incumbent reports directly to the Programme Officer (Supervisor of the Printing and Distribution Section).
The Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean is one of the five regional Commissions of the United Nations. It was founded in 1948 with the purpose of contributing to the region's economic and social development. Its mission includes the design, monitoring and evaluation of public policies and the provision of advisory services,
expertise and training to Governments, as well
as support for regional and international cooperation and coordination activities. Please visit our website at www.eclac.org for further information.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer (Supervisor of the Printing and Distribution Section) and the general supervision of the Chief of the Publications and Web Services Division, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Takes responsibility for and oversees the work of a particular shift with respect to the timely production of official documents and publications.
- Ensures Digital Presses are operated in accordance with the Digital Press Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Takes responsibility for identifying hazardous tasks/operations in accordance with the guidelines set out in the SOPs.
- Interfaces with the Front Desk to ensure a complete understanding of the job.
- Assigns work according to a schedule of priorities in order to ensure timely issue of products and an equitable distribution of work.
- Assures the availability of all relevant resources to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the digital press operations.
- Performs administrative work, including the gathering/collection of daily statistics and the updating of maintenance logs.
- Supervises the staff by identifying and resolving issues, monitoring staff performance, participating in and overseeing staff training. Completes Performance Evaluations (EPAs) for supervised staff.
- Receives jobs in a variety of digital technologies, e.g. PDF or native file (Adobe Creative Suite).
- Participates, as a member of the team, in performing all digital printing equipment operator functions as noted in the job specifications.
- Maintains knowledge and safety requirements of job and equipment, and ensures the safe, effective and efficient operation of equipment to the highest industry standards and as noted in the job specifications.
- Performs all troubleshooting procedures on the Digital Presses in accordance with manufacturer/vendor’s specifications.
- Co-ordinates with vendors for repair of Digital Presses, as needed.
- Coordinates and supervises the distribution of documents and publications.
- Ensures all supervised staff are trained with respect to the operation of equipment and work-flow procedures.
- Makes recommendations regarding the acquisition of new equipment, and relevant training for staff.
- Assures smooth continuity with respect to consecutive work shifts. Prioritizes work to be continued and gives special instructions as needed.
- Performs other related work as required.
•Professionalism: Demonstrated knowledge of policies processes and procedures related to the production of documentation and publications. Knowledge publishing and graphic industry standards. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignment; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors ad adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
NOTE: For positions in the General Service category, candidates are required to clearly indicate in their PHPs relevant information confirming completion of High School.
Skilled technician with ten years of progressively responsible experience in supervision of Digital Press operations is required.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, advanced knowledge of Spanish and basic knowledge of English are required.
NOTE: ‘’Advanced level’’ equals a rating of ‘’fluent’’ in all four areas (speak, read, write, and understand) and ‘’Intermediate level’’ equals a rating of ‘’confident’’ in two of the four areas.
Applicants will be assessed based on the information provided in their PHPs. Short-listed applicants might be contact by the Hiring Manager for further assessment.
- This position will be temporarily vacant for a period of three months.
- While this temporary assignment may provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to gain new work experience, the selection for this position is for a limited period and has no bearing on the future incumbency of the post.
- Appointment for positions in the General Service category is done on a local basis. Applicants shall be recruited in the country or within commuting distance of the office, irrespective of nationality and length of time the candidate may have been in the country. Applicants will be responsible for any expenses incurred in taking the relevant examinations at the duty station, and of any costs related to traveling and relocating to the duty station in the event of an employment offer.
- A current staff member who holds a fixed-term, permanent or continuing appointment may apply for temporary positions no more than one level above his or her current grade.
- A staff member holding a temporary appointment in the General Service or related categories may only apply to positions within those categories. For full information on eligibility requirements, please refer to section 5 of ST/AI/2010/4Rev.1 on Temporary Appointments.
- Upon separation from service, including, but not limited to, expiration or termination of, or resignation from, a fixed-term, continuing or permanent appointment, a former staff member will be ineligible for re-employment on the basis of a temporary appointment for a period of 31 days following the separation. In the case of separation from service on retirement, a former staff member will be ineligible for re-employment for a period of three months following the separation. This equally applies, mutatis mutandis, with respect to a former or current staff member who has held or holds an appointment in another entity applying the United Nations Staff Regulations and Rules and who applies for a temporary position with the Secretariat.
- The expression "Internal candidates", shall mean staff members who have been recruited after a competitive examination under staff rule 4.16 or after the advice of a central review body under staff rule 4.15. Please note that candidates will be required to meet the requirements of Article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter as well as the requirements of the position.
- The United Nations is committed to the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity for all its human resources, including but not limited to respect for international human rights and humanitarian law. Candidates may be subject to screening against these standards, including but not limited to whether they have committed, or are alleged to have committed criminal offences and/or violations of international human rights law and international humanitarian law.
United Nations Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the United Nations if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term “sexual exploitation” means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term “sexual abuse” means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term “sexual harassment” means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator’s working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
IMPORTANTE EMPRESA LIDER EN EDUCACION ONLINE SOLICITA EJECUTIVOS DE VENTA PARA CALAMA. REQUISITOS: TENER 5 AÑOS DE EXPERIENCIA. SE OFRECE SUELDO BASE, COMISION, BONO CUMPLIMIENTO DE METAS Y MAS. [...]
Importante hospital ubicado en la comuna de La Florida, requiere técnico titulado de liceo o instituto graduado de obras civiles, gasfiteria o carrera a fin, para la vacante de técnico en obras civi [...]
Importante empresa dedicada a la comercialización de artículos para la industria médica requiere contratar un Ejecutivo de Servicio de atención el cliente. Ubicada a pasos de Metro Parque Almagro, [...]
Software factory para proyecto financiero requiere Analista Desarrollador Junior Principales Funciones: Analisis y programación de aplicaciones Requisitos: Experiencia al menos 6 meses a 1 [...]