3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
The role is responsible for representing 3M Southern Cone’s positions before central, provincial and municipal governmental ministries and institutions and policy makers to advance 3M Company’s goals of advocating for policies and fostering political relationships that will enable business success. The position further requires collaboration the company’s regulatory, legal,
compliance teams, and business and operations executives to help develop and advocate for the company’s positions public policy issues, as well as monitoring and reporting on all governmental issues impacting the company.
The position also requires close, cross functional work with 3M’s government affairs team in the regionally and globally as well as other global corporate functions, to coordinate messaging, advocacy, and outreach. Executing well on these tasks will bring important value to 3M Southern Cone’s government affairs goals.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
- Representing the company before and interacting with all levels of government in the Southern Cone region.
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with key Southern Cone government officials and other stakeholders relevant to 3M’s business goals.
- Developing and executing advocacy strategies that deliver on concrete policy and regulatory results.
- Proactively engaging and educating authorities concerning the business and its policy goals and the potential impact of proposed policies, legislation and regulations on the company and its commercial partners. Create opportunities for 3M Company executives and subject matter experts to provide thought leadership and engage with key decision-makers through meetings with senior officials, participation in government-sponsored dialogues, public speaking events, etc. Prepare company representatives for such opportunities.
- Drafting comments, white papers and other research for submissions to governmental ministries and institutions on policy matters important to the business.
- Monitoring, anticipating and analyzing key policy, regulatory and legislative developments that may impact 3M and its commercial partners. Attending and assisting in coordinating meetings of as well as monitor activities and report on the trade associations, ad hoc coalitions, task forces and other advocacy organizations to which 3M Southern Cone is a member. Keeping internal colleagues informed of key developments, trends and potential risks, and provide advice on business plans and strategies.
- Supporting the company in obtaining and renewing various administrative permits necessary for the operation of its businesses in the region, in in strict compliance with government regulations and rules.
- Supporting the development and implementation of launch strategies for new markets from the government affairs perspective.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Chilean Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years’ of experience as a government relations, regulatory affairs or public affairs liaison with a major multinational company or industry trade association or as a government official.
- Deep knowledge of Southern Cone government institutions, networks and policy-making procedures, with an emphasis on standards, intellectual property, market access and technology regulation.
- Demonstrated experience and record of success navigating government relationships and developing/implementing government relations strategy and programs on complex matters.
- Effective advocacy, communication/persuasive and consensus-building skills, and political acumen and, gained from experience operating in a cross-cultural environment, the ability to work collaboratively with business/technology groups across the organization and region.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as required.
- Fluency in Spanish and English and the ability to bridge cultural differences are essential.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of study or MBA from an accredited institution
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school
- Background and familiarity with the region’s public policy and political dynamics.
- The ability to quickly grasp and address a variety of regulatory issues facing 3M Southern Cone, its industry, and customers’ industries and how they impact company
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with government
- A global perspective and the ability to understand the implications of policy proposals on the global marketplace
- Strong communications and presentation skills, leadership capabilities, individual initiative and creativity skills, ability to work in a collaborative environment, and exercising good judgement
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Imagine your future in 3M
At 3M, inspiration happens daily. Here, science is how the magic happens. Except it is not magic, it is the right science, applied in the right way by the people of 3M. Here, your ideas help shape everyday lives around the globe. Here, you matter. You inspire. Challenge. Create. Thrive. Here, you go. Apply now and discover inspired opportunities!
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M es un empleador que ofrece las mismas oportunidades. 3M no discriminará a ningún solicitante de empleo por razones de raza, color, edad, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad o expresión de género, origen nacional, discapacidad o estado de veterano.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Otro Profesional Vacantes: 1 Publicado: 10/08/2020 Finaliza: 09/10/2020 La Facultad de Ciencias Físicas y Matemáticas llama a concurso para proveer el cargo de Diseñador gráfico web multimedia [...]
Empresa: 123 Seguro Actividad económica: Actividades de agentes y corredores de seguros DESCRIPCIÓN Somos 123 Seguro, una empresa joven que comparte la honestidad y pasión por el trabaj [...]
Posting Date Aug 10, 2020 Job Number 20044796 Job Category Loss Prevention & Security Location AC Hotel Santiago Costanera Center, Avenida Vitacura 130 Providencia, Santiago, Region Metropolitan [...]
Safira Energía Chile, empresa enfocada en suministrar energía eléctrica a Clientes Libres, busca incorporar a un estudiante en práctica para reforzar su equipo en Chile. El perfil apunta a un estu [...]