Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Santiago
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 1 to 6 months
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 16-APR-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
In 1949, reflecting on the end of the Second World War, UNESCO Member States met in Elsinore, Denmark, to discuss how adult learning and education (ALE) could help promote world peace and international understanding.
That meeting marked the beginning of an enduring and fruitful global dialogue on ALE. It became the first of six International Conferences on Adult Education, known as ‘CONFINTEA’ (their French acronym: CONFérence INTernationale sur l’Education des Adultes).
The seventh International Conference on Adult Education (CONFINTEA VII) will be hosted by Morocco in 2022. Over 1,000 participants are expected to take part in the conference, which will examine effective adult learning and education policies within a lifelong learning perspective and within the framework of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Conference participants will develop a new framework for action on adult learning and education that will replace the Belém Framework for Action (BFA), adopted at CONFINTEA VI in 2009.
CONFINTEA VII will encourage the UNESCO Member States to put in place policies, incentives, regulatory frameworks and institutional structures and mechanisms to contribute to a human rights culture, social justice, shared values and sustainability. In recognition of continuing advancements in artificial intelligence, special attention will be paid to using information and communications technologies to promote access to adult learning and education and inclusion.
Leading up to CONFINTEA VII in Morocco in 2022, UNESCO has commenced a regional consultative process around the world to understand what has transpired since the last conference in Belem in 2009 and how best to prioritize adult learning and education particularly in times of COVID-19.
In this connection, within the framework of 40C/5 programme on adult learning and programme in Latin America and the Caribbean, UNESCO is recruiting a Technical Consultant in Adult Learning and Education in the Caribbean States to provide technical support to develop a report on the status of ALE in the Caribbean with a view to informing Latin America and the Caribbean regional and global discourse in this crucial area.
Concretely, under the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Specialist, OREALC and in close coordination and collaboration with the Chief of Unit, a.i., Quality and Lifelong Learning and he UNESCO Cluster Office for the Caribbean in Kingston, Jamaica, the Consulant will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide technical support to the Caribbean consultative process for CONFINTEA VII
- Lead the development of the Caribbean report in line with CONFINTEA VII's requirements
- Undertake desk review, research and consultations as necessary
- Collaborate with the technical team working on the Latin American preparatory process for CONFINTEA VII
- Provide other technical support as required
- Undertake other asks deemed relevant by the direct supervisor or the Director, OREALC.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Accountability (C) Communication (C) Innovation (C) Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C) Planning and organizing (C) Results focus (C) Teamwork (C) Professionalism (C) - For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework .
Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in education or social sciences.
Minimum 10 years of professional experience in the development, implementation, research, monitoring, and evaluation of activities, projects, and/or programmes related to adult learning and education, of which 5 years acquired at the international level, including in the Caribbean
- Professional experience working with the Member States in the Caribbean and/or bilateral and multilateral organizations supporting the Caribbean region
- Familiarity with UNESCO’s programmes, structure, and priorities.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good geopolitical and socio-economic knowledge of the region and sound analytic capacities.
- Proven working experience in cross-country and -thematic policy and organizational dialogue
- Good understanding of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with proven ability to prepare and draft high-quality documents and reports intended for internal and/or external dissemination.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and to establish good working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Familiarity with the work and general functioning of international organizations and/or knowledge of the United Nations common system.
- Excellent knowledge of oral and written English.
- Experience in field office management and/or field operations
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
- En esta oportunidad requerimos a los mejores Ejecutivos Telefónicos para campañas bancarias. JORNADA COMPLETA (45 hrs. SEMANALES) Lunes a viernes 9:00 a 19:00hrs. Modalidad Presencial [...]
- Si tienes interés en vender productos de VTR y superar tus expectativas salariales ¡Esta es tu oportunidad! Buscamos personas comprometidas y con ganas de formarse con nosotros en una empresa c [...]
- Porque sabemos que cuentas con todo el potencial necesario y la experiencia para afrontar cualquier desafío. Te invitamos a postular con nosotros al cargo de Operador para uno de nuestros clientes [...]
- Somos una agencia que capta socios para ONGS a través del diálogo directo, Nuestra labor es entablar conversaciones con la gente para informarles de los proyectos que llevan adelante las ONG y con [...]