Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Supervisor – Field Service
Field Service - Direct
South Eastern USA / Miami FL
Up to 30%
Type of position:
Name of current incumbent(s)
F.S. Manager–Eastern USA
Nancy Bailey / Holly Black
The Supervisor Field Service is responsible to manage (train, control, direct, oversee, & audit) the Field Service technicians assigned to the territory known as the South East USA. The Supervisor Field Service is required to support (along with his team) the warranty on all Wabtec products on all active Wabtec transit projects in the territory. He is also required to provide the following services: planning assistance, execution, oversight, and auditing of the Wabtec FMI crews. This position is also responsible for managing the warranty spares on the relevant projects on the territory. This position is required to establish & maintain strong relationships with both the Carbuilders and the Transit Authorities of the territory.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
================================Warranty support activities=======================================
- Manage (train, control, direct, oversee, and audit) the FSRs on the South East territory.
- Support & undertake warranty activities of all Wabtec products on all active transit projects.
- Investigate and analyze in the field, failures of the Wabtec systems and make recommendations to the relevant Project Manager. Produce report when required, and support Wabtec`s customers as required.
- Review, understand, & assimilate design details, technical specifications, product parameters, and drawing details.
- Understand Wabtec training material and documents.
- Support Training department(s) in the field.
- Provide ‘unofficial on-car training’ to the carbuilder and/or transit authority personnel, when required.
- Oversee and promote a strong safety culture of the Field Service personnel (support & FMI) on the territory.
- Audit tooling of FSRs & FMI crews in the field.
- Perform audits and then complete audit forms (for FSRs, FMI crews).
- Complete safety observation forms (for any field service activities).
- Complete training forms (for training done in the field with FSRs or FMI crews).
- Assist with the development of safety procedures for field activities.
- Assist with the creation of the list of warranty spares for new active projects. Manage warranty spares on all active Wabtec projects.
- When directed: assist with the assembly of specialized test equipment & cables to support field activities.
- Review Field Support generated work orders for correctness & technical accuracy and provide feedback to FSRs.
- Train FSRs on work order reporting system usage.
- Support the RAMS Engineer / FAR coordinator .
- Participate in conference calls and meetings to support the Wabtec PMs & the Field Service Director.
- Review calibration and calibration procedures of equipment used in field applications. Ensure that all tools have current calibration certificates.
- Distribute drawings and documentation to FSRs and FMI Supervisors.
- Support the Project Management group on technical & logistics issues, as required.
- Support Wabtec Engineering personnel with technical feedback on their processes/designs/procedures.
- Develop and maintain strong relations with all Wabtec transit customers on the territory.
- Participate in Wabtec Kaizens to support Wabtec’s continuous improvement process.
- Identify opportunities to sell overhaul, adjustment, and field service programs.
- Assist with the development, planning, scheduling, directing, oversight, managing, and auditing of all
- Support and Wabtec FMI activities on the territory.
- When required: Supervise Wabtec crews executing FMIs at the customer site.
- When required, review Wabtec FMI documents and sign off as required.
- When required, assist with the preparation of schedules of Wabtec FMI activities.
- When required, assist with procedures and process documents related to Field Service and Warranty.
- Perform interviews for key service positions: FMI Supervisors, FMI Q/A, FMI Lead hand, FSRs, …
- Order material for support & FMI activities.
- Recommend additional/specialized tooling to support FMI activities.
- Perform reviews of FMI crews to optimize their activities in light of improving: safety, quality, schedule, and cost.
- Attend meetings at the customer sites and represent Wabtec.
- Organize/coordinate safety training for Wabtec field personnel.
- Update FMI tracking spreadsheet (excel FMI/PMI tracker).
- When required, purchase parts/tools to keep FMI activities on-going.
- Ensure QRS sheets are submitted by Wabtec personnel.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATION AND EDUCATION
- Technical training course(s) is an asset
- Safety courses are an asset
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a technician
- Experience as a Supervisor is an asset
- Experience in Mass Transit or Rail is of value
OTHER REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE:
- Basic knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of HAZCOM is an asset
- Exposure to design principles of systems
- Integrity & honesty
- Mechanical abilities & ‘’hands-on’’ capabilities
- Excellent communication skills, able to efficiently explain complex technical issues
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to travel in the United States
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Empresa de suministro de personal que presta servicios en centros de distribución se encuentra en la búsqueda de Administrativo encargado de controlar la entrada y salida de productos, además de re [...]
Porque sabemos que tienes todo el talento necesario para afrontar cualquier desafío, postula con nosotros. Para nuestro cliente, importante Centro de Salud, se encuentra en búsqueda de TENS (Téc [...]
Asistente De Corretaje Inmobiliario con Experiencia Con 2 Años En Venta Y Arriendo De Propiedades, Manejo Intermedio En Office, Estudios Tecnicos [...]
Se necesita a un Peluquero Canino para atender a clientes que necesitan de su servicio. El pago es por cada cliente que te contrata. Necesidades del cliente que requiere tus servicios: ¿Que tam [...]