Barnes & Noble
As a Cafe Server, you are responsible for selling by providing exceptional customer service in the Cafe through our cafe service standards. You make the Cafe experience interactive and engaging by enthusiastically sharing your knowledge about our products and services and meeting the needs of the customer. You care about and value people and exemplify our core values.
• Deliver exceptional customer service that ensures sales and high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Execute on the cafe service standards: offer a warm welcome, recommend add-ons, personalize the customer’s order, offer membership, and thank the customer.
• Greet and establish rapport with customers,
proactively engaging them in conversations about our Café products, services, and promotions to determine their needs and recommend the right products.
• Ensure all customer transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Prepare and serve drinks and food in accordance with the Cafe standards and health code.
• Perform all support tasks in the Cafe, including baking, completing prep sheets, cleaning cases and equipment, and restocking displays.
• Use the maintenance checklists throughout the day to maintain Cafe cleanliness.
• Drive sales by engaging all customers in our café and customer sampling of Cafe products. • Ensure execution and compliance with operational standards for the Cafe.
• Perform all opening and closing tasks.
• Protect Company assets by ensuring the accurate execution of loss prevention procedures, including cashiering and inventory standards, waste logs monitoring, sample recording, coupon redemption and discount and return policies.
• Help orient new café servers, ensuring a smooth acclimation to the store and our bookselling culture.
• Assist in any area of the store as needed.
• Passion for selling
• Strong communication skills
• Spend the majority of time on the selling floor, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing)
• Availability for early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays to align with store needs
Auto req ID
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, religion, creed, disability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition as defined by applicable law, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Contact (800) 799-5335.
Barista/Cafe Server - Part-Time | Barnes & Noble
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
En marco de la Ley 21.015, la cual promueve la inclusión laboral de personas con discapacidad, en Corporación Respétame nos encontramos en búsqueda de Administrativo/a de Bodega para Placilla - Re [...]
Importante empresa idustrial y comercial de productos de PVC y fitting, requiere contratar a persona para integrarse al equipo de reposición de retail, como: Ferreteria Higuerillas Se ofrece: inte [...]
Se necesita a un Psicólogo para atender a clientes que necesitan de su servicio. El pago es por cada cliente que te contrata. Necesidades del cliente que requiere tus servicios: ¿La terapia es [...]
Se necesita a un Estilista para atender a clientes que necesitan de su servicio. El pago es por cada cliente que te contrata. Necesidades del cliente que requiere tus servicios: ¿Qué tipo de s [...]