PT ASTRA DAIHATSU MOTOR
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Climate change is now an unequivocal fact, and human influence on the climate system is clear (IPCC, 2014, SPM1-SPM1.1). The warming of the climate system has led to observed changes in the environment, such as sea level rise, heavy precipitation events, extreme high temperatures and impacts such as heat waves, droughts, floods, cyclones and wildfires. These changes will undoubtedly affect human mobility. The climate crisis is already a reality for many regions, and large numbers of people are already displaced. Despite this, the conversation often remains focused on the distant future and is often heavily centred on migratory rights.
Yet the right to education in the context of climate migration is almost completely overlooked by academics, policymakers and the international community. Urgent action must be taken to ensure that more attention is paid to access and continuity of education in disruptive circumstances, and how the education sector can withstand the pressures of displacement and heightened mobility. UNESCO launched in early 2020 a new initiative on Climate Change Displacement and the Right to Education . This new project aims to investigate the barriers that exist to the right to education of children, youths and adults displaced by the effects of climate change, considering the law and policy implications of heightened human mobility in this context. The overall expected outcome is to thereby improve the preparedness of states to ensure the inclusion of all displaced persons in quality education. The project will culminate with the publication of a guidance toolkit for the UNESCO Member States- providing specific and practical policy recommendations, as well as advocacy and communication materials, that policymakers and stakeholders can utilize to protect and fulfil the right to education for climate-displaced persons.
Under the overall authority of the Director of the OREALC/UNESCO Regional Bureau for Education in Latin America and the Caribbean (UNESCO Santiago), and the supervision of the chief of the Right to Education section, the consultant will undertake the regional research study, including:
- Two in-depth case studies from the Caribbean region (the Bahamas and Jamaica)
- A synthesis report based on the two-country cases studies.
The core responsibilities of the consultant include to:
- Undertake research of the two countries in the Latin America & Caribbean region identified by UNESCO and develop two country case study reports.
- Produce a synthesis report, based on the two-country case studies.
- Participate in regular interactive meetings organized by UNESCO to monitor the progress based on an agreed timeframe, identify jointly with UNESCO pending issues, and provide updates on the assigned deliverables.
Methodology and research questions for country case studies and regional synthesis report
The main objectives/aims are to:
- Identify the characteristics and profiles of climate displaced persons;
- Identify barriers or, if they exist advantages, to education for climate displaced persons;
- Investigate whether national policies, strategies, actions or measures already exist for climate displaced persons in the field of education;
- Develop policy recommendations to enhance the quality and inclusiveness of national education systems and to optimize education opportunities for climate displaced persons.
The researcher should devise the research methodology to undertake the case studies, building on the preliminary background reports on climate-change displacement and right to education prepared by UNESCO HQ, and regional synthesis in order to:
- Present a diverse range of displacement scenarios, including internal displacement, international migration, displacement due to slow onset or rapid onset weather events, permanent and temporary displacement, communities in the process of planned relocation and trapped populations;
- Consider education from a holistic, lifelong perspective, including at the early childhood stage;
- Draw conclusions about the impact that climate displacement may be having on education;
- Draft a regional synthesis report, which to draw a conclusion from case studies and, from the conclusions, provide concrete and practical policy recommendations that the Member States could implement;
- Analyze regional trends, sub-regional differences, and suggest feasible measures for regional coordination following the results analysis.
This includes developing research tools/framework as necessary, i.e. surveys, interview questions, etc. and sampling methodologies. UNESCO will share the relevant preliminary background reports and related materials with the researcher(s). UNESCO will be able to connect the researcher(s) with relevant stakeholders in each country, however, the researcher will be expected to thereafter communicate and connect with stakeholders directly.
Guiding research questions:
- What are the characteristics and profiles of climate displaced persons in the selected two countries?
- What barriers or obstacles to education exist for climate displaced persons in these countries?
- Do national education policies, strategies, actions or measures already exist for climate displaced persons in these countries?
- In what ways can Member States enhance the quality and inclusiveness of national education systems and to optimize education opportunities for climate displaced persons?
The methodology developed by the researcher is flexible and can include a range of strategies so long as the final country case study ultimately answers the four questions above.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Accountability (C)Communication (C)Innovation (C)Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)Planning and organizing (C)Results focus (C)Teamwork (C)Professionalism (C)
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
- Aramark requiere Chofer para importante Faena Minera ubicada en la Región Metropolitana, turnos 8x6. Bajada diaria. Quien deberá realizar la distribución principalmente de materias primas e in [...]
- Aramark requiere Ecónomo para Importante Faena Minera ubicada en la Región Metropolitana, turnos 8x6. Bajada diaria Dentro de sus principales funciones, deberá realizar el abastecimiento de ma [...]
- Aramark requiere Ayudante de Bodega para importante faena minera ubicada en la Región Metropolitana, turnos 8x6. Bajada diaria. Quien deberá realizar la recepción y despacho de insumos y produ [...]
Job Description : Decision making: Supports analysis to improve ROI of promotional activities and close volume gaps in order to meet channel business targets, engaging all relevant parties to deliver [...]