AECOM is in need of a Health & Safety Manager for an industrial construction project in Santiago, Chile. The ideal candidate will be tasked with understanding the Client and Contractor's established site Safety Policies/Procedures, Accident Prevention Program and health and safety management systems and culture for an active Client construction location. Support the development of new and implementation of existing Client construction safety standards and expectations. Provide high quality site safety overview on behalf of the Client of contractor and subcontractor health and safety management and site safety culture. Constantly assess,
review and influence contractor and subcontractor compliance with relevant safety legislation, best practice and Client expectations using established safety inspection and observation programs. Maintain an extremely high level of communication with all construction safety stakeholders to communicate and integrate Client safety expectations to the construction team. Work as part of a global construction safety team working on behalf of the Client, with constant ongoing communication and support within this team using established mechanisms.
Additional job functions will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Responsible for changing construction safety culture through human performance methods and leading indicators.
- Drive zero-incident safety culture across multiple projects.
- Assist with development of and review of pre-job hazard assessments.
- Develop and provide site specific safety orientation to client staff, contractors and subcontractors working on the project/program.
- Develop or assist with development of accident or injury investigation program for all incidents, accidents, near misses that happen on the project and upload to reporting system.
- Perform daily site inspections, documenting observations and making corrections immediately when necessary.
- Build strong working relationships and collaborate with contractors and subcontractors.
- Review all safety documentation/reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide assistance developing and review applicable required safety training.
- Manage site specific safety training documents and document training completion.
- Perform mandatory inspections –PPE, Fall Protection, LOTO audits, etc.
- Primary Shift is day shift but must be able to work afternoon shift occasionally
- Collaborate and mentor junior level staff and contractors/subcontractors on the implementation of the clients construction health and safety expectations
- University degree in safety, health or industrial hygiene, environmental engineering or demonstrated equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience, including two (2) years of leadership, supporting site construction health and safety activities
- Advanced degree or equivalent university degree in safety, health or industrial hygiene, environmental engineering or demonstrated equivalent (10+ years’ experience supporting site construction health and safety activities.
- English & Spanish fluency
- Proven construction safety manager for multi-national firms.
- 3+ yrs site safety supervisor - overseeing all aspects of contractor and sub construction safety programs
- Direct experience working with multi-nationals companies, employees and sub-contractors.
- Expertise with US or EU Construction Safety regulations.
- Expert and working knowledge of Chilean construction safety regulations.
- Significant expertise in applying judgment and strategic thinking towards risk situations and demonstrated knowledge of Finnish, EU and US related legislation
- First-aid/CPR Certified or Chilean equivalent.
- Expert level working knowledge of multi-employer control of hazardous energy (LOTO) programs.
- Expert level working knowledge of grade / survey equipment, construction / heavy equipment operations, cranes, hoists and lifting equipment, construction drawings, and other typical construction equipment and technologies.
- Expert level working knowledge of construction specific safety permits (i.e., confined space, scaffolding, trenching, excavation, etc.)
- Working knowledge of arc flash hazard / mitigation
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
- Importante empresa ubicada en Providencia se encuentra en búsqueda de soporte técnico informático con al menos 2 años de experiencia Modalidad Mixta, presencial y remoto en Providencia. Cerca [...]
- Se requiere contratar a Cajeros Multifuncionales para distintas comunas del sector oriente, sus principales funciones están enfocadas, en atención de caja, reposición de productos, orden de bodeg [...]
- Te invitamos a formar parte del equipo de Aramark, estamos contratando personas dinámicas, proactivas y comprometidas, para desempeñar funciones de desconche, limpieza de mesas, pisos, muros y ate [...]